Friday 13 June 2014

Cherry0Blossoms ~ Interviews ~ Nelle L'Amour


Hi all I have Interviewed the fab Nelle L'Amour and I could not wait to share it with you... xo 


    1. Are the names of the characters in your novels important?

    Yes. I like the names to have meaning. For example, Ari Golden was inspired by a Greek God-Ares and Golden plays into his billionaire status. Jaime in Gloria's Secret/Revenge means "I love" something he must how to do. And Blake Burns in the THAT MAN series connotes hotness.

    2. What are the most important attributes to remaining sane as a writer?

    Having a few fellow writer BFF's who you can rant with via email.

    3. What is the most demeaning thing said about you as a writer?

    Someone on Goodreads called one of my books "sh*t" at last three time in her review and then ended it with, "Oh, by the way, did I tell you these books are "sh*t?"

    4. How do you react to a bad review of one of your books?

    A review like the afore mentioned one is very hurtful, but I get over it. Because all of my books have gotten overwhelmingly positive reviews, I don't get too upset by the negative ones. In fact, I try to learn from them to improve my writing and storytelling.

    5. What was the hardest part of writing your book?

    Everything is hard! Probably the hardest is writing those last few chapters and then editing.

    6. Did you learn anything from writing your book and what was it?

    Patience has its virtues. And it also makes you want to pull your hair out.

    7. Is there a message in your novel that you want readers to grasp?

    All my books have a message. In Undying Love, it's to pursue your passion and love triumphs all. In my That Man series, Jennifer learns the value of be daring and stepping out of her comfort zone and Blake learns what it means to love someone--to put someone else's needs before your own.

    8.Who designed the covers?

    The talented Arijana Karcic/Cover It! Designs did my THAT MAN trilogy covers. Glendon Haddix/Streetlight Graphics did the others.

    9. Describe in 5 words, your writing:

    spunky, sexy, funny, heartfelt, grammatical

    10. When your were a child what did you want to be when you grew up?

    An interpreter for the UN. (What was I thinking???)

    11. What do you use to write your book?

    A MacBook and lots of sparkly spiral notebooks and Papermate sharpwriter pencils.

    12. Do you listen to music while you writing or reading?

    No.

    13. Tell us your latest news?

    Gloria's Forever, a novella, will be out this summer. THAT MAN 4, Blake and Jen's wedding story, will be out in The Fall. I'm also likely re-releasing my Seduced series with new covers and bonus material. I have three other books in the works, including Endless Love.

    14. What book are you reading now?

    The Seduction by Roxy Sloane.

    15. Do you have a nickname?

    My hubs calls me "Poo."

    16. What are your pet peeves?

    Arrogance and people who are wrapped up with themselves and never ask you a question.

    17. Do you ever write naked?

    LOL. No.

    18. What is your favourite Starbuck’s/coffee shop drink?

    I'm not really a Starbuck's girl. I do, however, drink 2% lattes from time to time.

    19. What's your favourite fruit?

    Mango

    20. What's your favourite tv show?

    Castle


    21. One of your favourite quotes -

    "Look in the mirror and one thing's sure; what we see is not who we are."--Richard Bach

    21. Do you enjoy giving interviews?

    YES! Totally!!! They're fun and make me think!

    Anything else you would like to say.

    Loved chatting with you, Jennifer! Thank you so much for this opportunity! MWAH! 

    Your welcome hun, it's been fab!! xo  



<3<3
Nelle L’Amour 
Is a former executive in the entertainment and toy industries with a prestigious Humanitus Award to her credit. While she gave up playing with Barbies a long time ago, she still enjoys playing with toys with her husband. She aspires to write juicy stories with characters that will make you both laugh and cry and stay in your heart forever. 



No comments:

Post a Comment