Sunday 22 December 2013

Mia Michelle ~ Thorneless **Tour**



** SPOILER ALERT FOR THOSE WHO HAVEN’T READ BOOK ONE**

I hate him..I love him..I hate that I still love him but I do. My parents, my life, my happiness, my heart….he has officially taken all of them from me now. Yes, I am the wilting dying Rose that once belonged to Sebastian Thorne. He had given me back my life, but little did I know he was the very one who had taken it all away from me from the start. I hate him…I love him. 


I never expected Lucas Drake to walk back in my life when I was at my lowest and darkest point. He promises that he will help me heal this pain, but in order to do that he says I need to get away from this town. Maybe he is right. There is nothing here for me anymore but painful memories…and Sebastian. Maybe the only way for this Rose to survive is to do the one impossible thing. I Skylar Rose… must become Thorneless.







The door of the antique bar in my office shatters, as I furiously shove my fist through the glass. For the past five years, my father’s favorite bottle of Dalmore 64 Trinitas has sat unopened in that case.  At $160,000 a bottle, the aged Scotch had been my father’s choice of drink.  I had kept it here to remind me of the man I hated and to remind me of the horrific mistake I had made so long ago.
Through the broken glass, I retrieve the bottle of scotch and one of the crystal bar glasses sitting beside it.  Ignoring the bright red blood that now pours down my arm, I blow the broken fragments out of the drinking glass and remove the top off of the bottle.  The strong smell of aged liquor fills the air in my office and I can instantly feel my father right there next to me…. taunting me.
 ‘Go ahead, son. Take that drink! She’s left your miserable ass.  Drink.  Who needs the bitch.  Drink!’
I fill the glass halfway full and lift it up to my mouth. Tilting it back, I can taste the whiskey on my lips.  I want to forget her.  I want this pain to go away.  I have lost her forever and without her, I have nothing.  I don’t want my company or the money. I never wanted any of it in the first place. It had been tainted from the beginning, corrupted from my father’s sweat, lies and deceit.  Right now, all I want is this drink. Right now, all I want is for this excruciating pain in my soul to go away. 
I’m dying. I can’t live without her. I can still feel her sweet touch on my skin. Her intoxicating taste is still on my tongue. My cock still aches to be inside her warm tight folds and coated with her wet release.  She is embedded in me. There is no surviving this.

Is my heart even beating anymore? Please, baby. PLEASE! Come back to me!
‘Drink!  She’s never coming back! You are such a fuck up to the Thorne name! Drink you fucking coward!’
Hesitantly, I open my lips and allow the warm expensive liquid to fill my mouth. My father remains in my head.
Forgetting her will be so easy.  Swallow…just swallow!  Remember? She told you that she can never forgive you. She’s gone. She’s not coming back this time! It’s over! SWALLOW!
But I can’t… I won’t. I spit the dark fluid out, across the wood floor, and then turn to throw my glass against the stone office wall.  I begin violently wiping my mouth off with the back of my hand and then I pick up the bottle of scotch and stare down at it.  If this represents everything I hate, then why do I still have it?  I certainly don’t need any reminders. Those reminders chase me every night in my sleep, as it is.
“Fuck you, Father!”  I roar and with trembling hands, I rare back and toss the bottle against the wall. I stand there and witness the expensive dark brown liquid run down the wall. I wickedly smile knowing just how pissed off that would have made my father. 
Grief stricken, I make my way over to my desk and sit in my large leather chair. I remove her ring from my pocket and stare at the infinity symbol of diamonds. Lightly I trace the delicate jewels around the design. Just like the symbol, my love for her has no beginning or end.  I can’t remember a time not loving her and I will never know a day that I won’t still.


This ring should still be on her sweet elegant finger. 
I glance over at the picture that sits proudly on my desk.  It is the picture of me kneeling down on the beach, as I proposed to Skylar.
The picture of the happiest day of my life!
 Kylie had perfectly captured this beautiful moment and gave it to us when we returned back from our trip.  I think I have looked at it at least a million times since she walked out that door.  What I wouldn’t give to move back time to get this moment back with her.
Sweet Jesus! My soul is being ripped in two!



<3<3

Mia fell in love with the literary world at a very young age and began putting her active imagination to pen and paper by the age of six. Over the years, she has filled up numerous shelves with her notebooks and journals of her favorite stories. Twelve years ago, Mia began drafting The Thorne Series and through encouragement of a close friend, decided to finally take the leap of faith to bring her dream to life. She openly admits to having a hopeless infatuation with her Kindle and suffers from the one-click book addiction (No intervention required). 

Mia is currently a stay at home mom who has mastered the fine art of making a PB&J sandwich in between laundry and shuttling kids to ballet and swimming. In her spare time (“What spare time?” She laughs), she enjoys photography, traveling, and having a girls night out with her pals. She enjoys the simple things in life, such as sleeping more than 3 hours per night and 10 minute showers without being interrupted by children yelling “mommy” from the other side of the bathroom door. 



Mia Michelle resides in Tennessee with her soul mate and husband of 18 years and their 2 beautiful young children. She is currently working on her Masters in Counseling and drafting her new series. 






No comments:

Post a Comment