Monday 10 February 2020

Get To Know The Dark Kingdom Authors: Logan Fox


Get To Know The Dark Kingdom Authors


Logan Fox 

Have you always wanted to be a writer?

Deep down, yes. But I didn't realize this urge until I was in my mid-twenties and reality just wasn't cutting it for me anymore.

What are the most important attributes to remaining sane as a writer?

Time management and passion. If you write, they will read...but you need to carve out the time to write.

Describe in 5 words, your writing:

Deliciously dark and twisted romance.

Do you have a routine for writing?

Unfortunately, my days aren't as structured as I hope. But I do make sure to set aside enough time each week to reach my word count.

What do you use to write your book?

Because I'm a productivity geek, I don't just consider one program as my sole 'tool'. I use Scrivener, Evernote, Toggl, and Asana for the process, which to me includes marketing.

Who designed the covers?

I design my own covers, and love doing it! It's a hobby of mine, since I've been involved in graphic design for the past ten years.

Do you ever write naked?

Yeah...no. There's nothing sexy about sitting in a leather chair for an extended period of time.

Do you listen to music while you writing or reading?

Definitely! It differs whether I'm outlining/plotting or writing. During brainstorming sessions, I have a dedicated Spotify playlist for each new WIP. While putting words to paper (read: screen via keyboard) I love MyNoise's ambient channels, or binaural beats played through noise-cancelling headphone.

Who are your favorite authors to read?

Oooh...Definitely the masters of the dark. King, Koontz, Masterton are the first to spring to mind. Then there's my epic side where I just can't get enough of Robert Jordan and Terry Pratchett. Modern faves are a bit more difficult to pin down, but I've enjoyed works by Sara Fields, Tijan, LJ Shen, and other romance authors who border on darker romances.

Tell us your latest news?

I'll be in Vegas in November 2020, attending the 20booksto50k conference! It'll be my first time travelling aboard, and I'm both excited and absolutely terrified!

What book are you reading now?

Several. Most are non-fiction, but I have a Willow Winters new release in my TBR which I'm hoping I can get to soonest ;)

Do you have a nickname?

Uh, nope.

When you were a child what did you want to be when you grew up?

Anything that didn't involve numbers, or dealing with crowds.

What are your pet peeves?

Cliffhanger series where the next season is never made. Traffic lights. Power outages.

What is your favourite Starbuck’s/coffee shop drink?

Starbucks is only just arriving here in Joburg, so I'll stick with black coffee. But when I'm indulging, any double-thick milkshake really hits the spot ;)

What's your favourite fruit?

Mango.

What's your favourite tv show?

Too many. But some of my top picks would be Mindhunter, Hannibal, Zumbo's Just Desserts (Serious sweet tooth problem), Serial Killer docuseries, Dope, Narco, Big Bang Theory, The IT Crowd...I could go on for days.

What's your favorite genre?

I read several genres, so for me it's more about the story. I love a wickedly dark story line where characters have to overcome their own personal insecurities or darkness to break free from the evil/horror that's tormenting them. Whether this is a malevolent supernatural force, or a psychopath, don't matter. ;)

Five Fun Facts:

> I'm short, but I have really long feet. That's just plain unfair.
 > I live in Joburg, South Africa. Beautiful, but crime ridden.
 > I don't have kids, and not sure if I ever want any. 
> I love yoga, even when I fall over in some of the more complex poses XD 
> I'm the co-owner of a retail store specializing in cannabis paraphernalia (or headshop, if you prefer)



Title: The Dark Kingdom Anthology
Genre: Dark Romance/Taboo
Release Date: March 24, 2020
Designed by Francessca Wingfield​ with Francessca's PR and Design

PRE-ORDER LINKS – 99c for a limited time!

Only available at the following retailers for a limited time

BLURB
In The Dark Kingdom, villains reign supreme.
Fourteen authors come together to turn your childhood stories into dark and sinful pleasures.
Step into a world where everything you loved just got a lot darker.
Where the line between love and taboo crosses without a second thought.
Are you prepared to enter The Dark Kingdom?


ANTHOLOGY LINKS
 Website: https://www.darkkingdomanthology.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DarkKingdomAnthology
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/DarkKindgomAnthologyPartyGroup
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/darkkingdomanthology


About Logan Fox 

Fox writes deliciously dark and twisted stories set in the sinister town of Mallhaven.

Having grown up with names like Graham Masterton, Dean Koontz, James Herbert, Stephen King, Robert Jordan, and Terry Pratchett, her stories are an eclectic mix of the sadistically twisted, the epic, and the darkly comedic.

She strives to create characters you'll either love or loathe and doesn't hold any punches.

She hails from the four-seasons-in-a-day suburb of Johannesburg, South Africa. She's so busy writing she doesn't have time for much else except the occasional indulgent Netflix binge. She loves hearing from readers, so don't be shy to contact her and tell her what you thought of her writing.


No comments:

Post a Comment